Wednesday, June 10, 2009

All About the Benjamins

I recently discovered this in my “Jake” file. It’s the receipt when we picked him up from the breeder. There’s a whole lotta coolness packed into that $500 furball. He was worth every Benjamin. Take a look at the date…9/10/01. Yep, we got him the night before the terrorist attacks. So in addition to having a new puppy in the house a few weeks after I lost my mom, we also had a welcome diversion from the sad images that dominated the media the next day. Jake has always managed to take the sting out of any bad situation.

Jake’s birthday is coming up quick on July 2nd. Honestly, when we first got his diagnosis, I didn’t think he would make it. Or that he wouldn't be in good shape. Now I think it’s time for a birthday BBQ to celebrate! More details to follow…

No comments:

Post a Comment