Saturday, May 16, 2009

London Conversations

I meant to be in London tonight. Second coolest city in the world after Denver. One of my favorite bands, Saint Etienne, is playing a rare live show there. In February 2006, I flew to San Francisco with some friends to see them at The Fillmore. It’s the only time I’ve seen them perform. The show was incredible and I have lots of memories from that weekend. I bought tickets to the London show several months ago thinking it would be a fun trip but I think I’d like to stay in town with Jake right now. Hopefully, they'll play in the U.S. later this year. If they do, I will definitely be there.

I love the feeling of being slightly lost
To find new spaces, new routes, new areas
I love the lack of logic
I love the feeling of being slightly lost

“Finisterre” by Saint Etienne

No comments:

Post a Comment