Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lunch Break

Lunch today with my friend, Jay. As usual, I was cruising for dog-friendly patios with Jake in the backseat of the car. I turned into the University Hills Shopping Center, spotted the Einstein Bagels and called Jay to confirm. He and I worked together at the Denver Nuggets for almost 10 years and share the same passion for music. Jay plays guitar. I play awful one-note synthesizer. The idea of a band was always tempting but probably not on the short list of great musical collaborations. If Social Distortion and Kraftwerk had a child…well, you get the picture. While we were eating, another friend that worked with us in those days walked by. I had not seen Lou in years and it was wonderful to catch up. So random and out-of-the-blue. Driving home, I realized that taking Jake around town was much better at reconnecting with old friends than Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment